Privacy and Cookies Policy for www.thedrycleanerapp.com (the “Website”) and the Dry Cleaner App (the “App”)
The Dry Cleaner App Limited ("we", “us” and “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy was most recently updated on 26/10/15 (the “Policy”).
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is The Dry Cleaner Limited of 2 Stroud Wood Business Centre, St Albans, London AL2 2NJ.
- INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the Website or the App, or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you search for a product, place an order through the App and when you report a problem with the Website. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, and financial and credit card information.
- Information we collect about you and your device.Each time you visit the Website or use the App we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Website (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number;
- technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your device's IMEI number, the MAC address of the device's wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use and time zone setting; and/or
- details of your use of any of the App or your visits to the Website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access.
- Location information.We may also use GPS technology to determine your current location. Some of our location-enabled services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by removing us with settings on your mobile].
- Information we receive from other sources.We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser, the hard drive of your computer or your device if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive or device’s memory. If you want to find out more information about cookies, go to http://www.allaboutcookies.orgor to find out about removing them from your browser, go to http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html.
- We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Website and the App. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and users and to see how visitors move around the Website and the App when they are using them. This helps us to improve the way the Website and the App work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to the Website and the App. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Website or the App.
- USE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us and location Information. We may use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- to ensure that content from the Website and the App is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We may use this information:
- to administer the Website and the App, and for internal operations, including, but not limited to, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Website and the App, to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Website and the App safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Website and the App about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- We may share your information with selected third parties including (but not limited to):
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract that you enter into with them, or that we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- to protect the rights, property or safety of us or our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- if Dry Cleaners On-Line Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using [SSL technology].
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- We may collect and store personal data on your device using [application data caches and browser web storage (including HTML 5) and other technology.]
- YOUR RIGHTS
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
- The Website and the App may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- CHANGES TO THE POLICY
Any changes we may make to this Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by email. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this Policy. The new terms may be displayed on-screen and you may be required to read and accept them to continue your use of the App, the Website and/or the services we offer.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org